||Search Results||Watch Live||Buy Photos||Sign up||School Finder|
Glenbard West's Lindsay Graham opens up a gap in the final lap of the 1,600-meter run. | Patrick Gleason/For Sun-Times Media
Meatheads is a chain of fast-casual burger restaurants throughout the Chicagoland area. Each month, it recognizes a student-athlete in the area surrounding each location for his or her accomplishments on and off the field.
1. How do you exemplify Meatheads’ values of determination, hustle and hard work?
I am very dedicated to what I do. I get the job done no matter what — even if I’m tired, if it’s freezing cold outside or if I’m busy. I’m also learning how to work smart and learning what my body can handle.
2. What were your greatest athletic and academic achievements over the last month?
Athletically, I have been running events that I don’t normally run to help out my team. Academically, my greatest achievement is having a 5.3 GPA.
3. Is there a teammate, coach, faculty or family member you’d credit most with your athletic and academic successes?
Before I moved to Glen Ellyn, I attended Glenbard East High School, where my old coach, Mr. Latala, helped me improve greatly as a runner and got me off to a phenomenal start. Now that I am at Glenbard West, Mr. and Mrs. Hass have taken me under their wings, and I love being coached by them. They are two wonderful people who always believe in me and want the best for me.
I’m also thankful to my teammates for loving me as a person, not as an athlete. My parents always go out of their way to help me out, and I am very grateful for that, as well. Lastly, I am thankful to God for giving me the ability to run and the strength to be my best.
4. Where are you going to college, or where do you want to go? Do you plan on playing a sport there?
I plan on running cross-country and/or track in college, and I will be attending college somewhere where the weather is not frigid during the winter months.
5. Who is your favorite athlete playing today, collegiate or professional?
I am inspired by the surfer Bethany Hamilton, who did not let a shark attack get in the way of her success. I also love the runner Lauren Fleshman for her down-to-earth personality.
6. What’s on your iPod right now?
I don’t listen to a lot of music but one of my favorite songs right now is “All of Me.” I think it’s a very pretty song.
7. What’s the best movie or television show you’ve seen recently?
My favorite TV show in general is "Shark Tank." Recently, I have been watching a new show called "Resurrection" with my family, and I’m hooked to it!
8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Employed as an eye doctor or pharmacist and owning or fostering animals.
9. What is your favorite motivational quote?
My favorite quote is, “Do your best, nothing less,” because no matter the circumstances, you can always do your best. It’s the only thing you can and should do!