||Search Results||Watch Live||Buy Photos||Sign up||School Finder|
Metea Valley's Bryson Oliver drives by Providence's Miles Boykin. | Jon Cunningham/For Sun-Times Media
Meatheads is a chain of fast-casual burger restaurants throughout the Chicagoland area. Each month, it recognizes a student-athlete in the area surrounding each location for his or her accomplishments on and off the field.
1. How do you exemplify Meatheads’ values of determination, hustle and hard work?
By coming in every day, giving 110 percent and trying to get better.
2. What were your greatest athletic and academic achievements over the last month?
Academically, I finished my inquiry project in speech class.
3. Is there a teammate, coach, faculty or family member you’d credit most with your athletic and academic successes?
Probably my mother. She keeps stressing to me the importance of grades and giving my all in everything that I do.
4. Where are you going to college, or where do you want to go? Do you plan on playing a sport there?
My dream is to go to the University of Miami and play football.
5. Who is your favorite athlete playing today, collegiate or professional?
6. What’s on your iPod right now?
Chief Reef, “Hundreds.”
7. What’s the best movie or television show you’ve seen recently?
"The First 48."
8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
My dream is to play in the NFL.
9. What is your favorite motivational quote?
“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” – Michael Jordan