||Search Results||Watch Live||Buy Photos||Sign up||School Finder|
Simeon junior Donte Ingram has been ruled ineligible by the Illinois High School Association according to Simeon coach Robert Smith.
Ingram transferred from Danville to Simeon over the summer.
“I have no other comment on it,” Smith said. “There was nothing down wrong by Simeon. Danville didn’t concur with the transfer so the IHSA re-opened the investigation. They sent a letter to the school that said he was ineligible.”
Smith said Simeon will not have to forfeit any wins. Chicago Public Schools initially ruled Ingram eligible to play.
Ingram, Jayce Hillsman and Sean Moore all sat out Simeon’s game Monday against Vocational. Hillsman transferred in over the summer from Champaign St. Thomas More and Sean Moore transferred from Leo.
“Hillsman and Moore will have to sit out until the investigation is over,” Smith said.
Russell Woods, who also transferred from Leo over the summer, is still playing and not under investigation. Unlike the other three transfers, Woods lived in Chicago last year.
The IHSA released a statement Tuesday afternoon that did not name Ingram, but confirmed what Smith said.
Here's an excerpt of the IHSA statement:
"While the investigation revealed that there was no evidence of any recruitment by anyone connected with Simeon High School and that the school acted properly in seeking an eligibility ruling from the Chicago Public Schools Sports Administration, the investigation also revealed that the student was not in compliance with the Association’s by-laws. There will be no forfeiture of games based upon the initial ruling from the CPS that granted the individual eligibility."